AP Professionals has partnered with a food manufacturing company that is looking to add a Laboratory Technician to their team. Room for growth available! The ideal candidate would be a recent graduate with an Associates in Biology or a candidate working in a lab at another food manufacturer. The hours for this role are either 8 or 10 hour night shift OR afternoon/evening shift with every other weekend off. Shift differential pay for evening and overnight shifts available!
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments including but not limited to Microscopes, IR Analyzers, pH meters.
- Conduct tests to determine chemical/physical and microbiological characteristics for raw and finished products using established SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform sensory analysis on ingredients and finished products to ensure conformance to regulatory and customer quality requirements.
- Record all test results on standardized forms, and complete data entry into appropriate systems.
- Responsible for release of fluid product for loadout, batch blend, and/ or packaging lines.
- Responsible for communicating any out of specification test results and/or other quality issues to appropriate production and/or QA management as necessary.
- Directs incoming tanker trucks to the appropriate receiving bay as required and notifies appropriate production personnel.
- Operate the truck scale to ensure accurate weights of incoming and outgoing fluid loads for payment.
- Generates Bill of Lading and Certificate of Analysis for outgoing bulk tanker loads.
- Perform pre-operation audits of production equipment with production personnel after cleaning and prior to restarting production.
- Performs calculations including: adjustments for standardizing tanks to meet the Regulatory Standard of Identity and product specifications, and final water additions for batch blend product tanks.
- Provide administrative support during off hours such as answer incoming switchboard calls and security check in/check out of visitors/vendors.
- Associates Degree in Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must be proficient in multi-task and prioritizing.
- Demonstrated experience as collaborative, contributing team member.
- Strong attention to quality and process detail.