AP Professionals is recruiting for an amazing Human Resources Manager opportunity! This direct hire role is looking to pay between $70-90k. Maintain and enhance the companies human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of employee relations. Supervise part-time Payroll Administrator and work with the Supervisor of Training and Development. Participate as a member of the senior leadership team and work with the Human Resources Director at the parent company.
- Support parent HR and benefits broker with efforts to the review, enhancement and implementation of appropriate benefit plans for employees.
- Work with parent HR and ADP to develop open enrollment materials and processes. Coordinate and confirm the accuracy and benefit elections made by all employees throughout the year. Assure that benefit elections are entered into payroll for appropriate payroll deduction.
- Conduct benefits enrollment for new employees, review enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinate enrollment with broker and third party administrators. Work with third party benefits administrators to update enrollments and resolve benefits issues/discrepancies.
- Counsel and assist employees with benefit and claims issue resolution.
- Review and reconcile benefit invoices, approve for payment and provide necessary information to the accounting department.
- Track and manage the Attendance, FMLA, Disability, and Worker Comp programs. Counsel employees and file appropriate paperwork for benefits.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
Human Resource Function:
- Establish regular office hours where employees are located and keep a pulse on the needs of your “customers”.
- Conducts the recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt workers. In concert with management, develops job descriptions, places job postings in print advertisements and online career sites as appropriate, and distributes job postings internally. Interviews candidates, trains and counsels supervisors on candidate screening and interviewing, conducts reference checks, prepares and extends job offers, conducts new employee orientations, and conducts exit interviews.
- Coordinates pre-employment physicals, drug testing, and background checks.
- Maintains job descriptions for each employee position and updates as needed. Prepares paperwork required to place employees on payroll and establishes and maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Advises President on Company policies and procedures development and documentation. Conducts periodic Employee Handbook reviews and updates as needed in coordination with parent company HR Director.
- Ensures Company compliance with employment and benefits laws and regulations by working with employees and management to timely address employee relations issues and by communicating human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and governmental regulations to all employees. Represents the company at hearings as necessary.
- Works with Rochester leadership to respond to employee relations issues, including employee job complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Confidentially maintains human resource information and payroll system records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance, including managing the annual performance review process.
- Coordinates all compensation activities and employee record changes.
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies to stay abreast of legal developments and HR best practices.
- Develops the annual HR budget in concert with the Leadership Team.
- Coaches and trains management and employees as necessary on various HR topics.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Supervises Rochester’s part-time Payroll Administrator.
- Reviews weekly payroll for timeliness and accuracy.
- Acts as back up Payroll Administrator when the part-time Payroll Administrator is not available.
- Keep parent company HR Director informed on all payroll matters and support, as needed, parent company HR Director’s periodic payroll audits
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management or related field required. Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration preferred.
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- Fifteen plus years of relevant HR Generalist experience, including three years’ experience with ADP Workforce Now or other ADP Payroll/Time & Attendance/HRB platforms.
- HR Management experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or utility services environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal labor and employment laws, as well as HR best practices.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Capable of establishing company HR policies and procedures and planning to ensure company compliance with regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Able to establish and maintain productive interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Extensive experience handling sensitive and confidential situations, conducting internal investigations, and documenting the same.
- Experience in developing and delivering training programs.
- Able to identify, research and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.