Our client, an established business headquartered in Syracuse, NY with additional global sales/technical locations, continues to expand into other markets. They are the leading provider for companies in their field and have an opening for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner at their headquarters in Syracuse.
As a vital member of the organization, this person will serve as the primary HR Business Partner to a global business unit, supporting all functions and regions. The person in this role will identify, establish and expand business-driven HR strategies focused on attracting, developing, motivating, managing and retaining employees. The HR Business Partner will embrace the organizations focus of continuing to shape a high-performance, viable organization capable of achieving the business objectives and action plans.
Key Responsibilities include:
Culture and Organizational Effectiveness:
- Understand the business strategy identifying opportunities to improve organizational capability and drive culture change aligning the organization and strategy.
- Identify gaps in current and desired organization performance establishing actions to resolve gaps, including organization redesign, process change, coaching, and training.
Talent Management and Retention:
- Develop talent acquisition plans anticipating short/long-term business needs.
- Work with business leaders to attract, select, and onboard new talent.
- Coach others on engaging/retaining key talent, identifying and addressing retention risk and turnover.
- Work with business leaders to develop talent.
- Through the performance management system, assure annual employee job performance assessments are conducted including annual goal setting and assessment processes and periodic feedback sessions focused on raising performance bars within organization.
- Provide coaching and consulting to business leaders on effective performance management intervention.
- Advocate employee communications processes that inform employees as well as to assure two-way communications between employees and management.
Coaching, Consulting and facilitating:
- Provide guidance and direction to business leaders on human resource management policies, processes, and systems.
Required Experience, Education, Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, PHR/SPHR Certificates preferred.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience working within HR functions.
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels of a matrix organizational structure.
- Ability to understand, align and communicate policies and practices to organizational values and ethics.
- Demonstrate discretion and sound judgment while working with sensitive and confidential materials.
- Necessity for strong organizational skills and attention to detail while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations.
- General knowledge of employment laws and ability to apply legal concepts to real world situations.