AP Professionals is recruiting for Health Information Coordinator for a client located downtown. This position will pay between $20-21/hr and work hours from 8am - 4:30pm.
- Determines ICD-10 diagnosis codes for all admissions, re-admissions, concurrent chart review and following discharge and completes data entry.
- Ensure timely transfer of diagnosis information to the Finance Department
- Oversees maintenance of resident medical record
- Scanning, filing and labeling progress notes into system
- Creates and updates physician review schedule
- Associates degree in Health Information Technology, medical records or related field
- Successful completion of AHIMA or RHIT or certified coding specialist
- Minimum of 3 years coding in acute care or long term care facility, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of ICD-10 diagnostic codes