AP Professionals has partnered with a laboratory / manufacturer looking to add on a Business Operations Manager to their growing team. This newly created position will assist with the oversite and operations of 4 departments within the company. Previous experience in a lab or medical device environment required. Ability to handle financial principles and create budgetary proposals required.
- Financial responsibility of P&L for laboratory. Review monthly lab P&L, understand trends, and identify areas of concern and make recommendations to drive results
- Monthly review of financial statements, budgeting and profitability to gauge the success of the organization and determine best steps for moving forward, making appropriate adjustments
- Adhere to established protocol and policies required to provide month-end, quarter-end, annual closing information in a timely manner
- Review department financial statements, customer sales reports, workflow activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Oversight of administration, production, communication and sales activities of the lab; including but not limited to, strategic planning, budgeting, cost control, waste reduction, OSHA/safety compliance, marketing, customer interaction, hiring, firing, discipline, performance reviews, production distribution and workflow, product quality and customer service at every level
- Maintain open and continual communication with department managers regarding all laboratory operations
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to the management team, ensuring all activities are in compliance with the overall structure and culture of the laboratory
- Conduct regular departmental meetings to reinforce expectations, review performance, introduce policies/procedures, provide basic training, address other staff management, and to gather input
- Ensure case process flow is effectively managed and documented throughout the manufacturing process all the way to completed delivery to the client
- Pursue continuous knowledge of any and all events and situations occurring within the market and industry that could potentially affect the operations of the lab
- Ensure all lab activities are in compliance with all laws and regulations (OSHA, FDA, etc.)
- Participate in all scheduled executive team meetings as a member of the leadership team
- Develop and execute a growth, profit, product sales, branding and technology strategies that are aligned with the shared vision and objectives
- Be the lab’s primary advocate for a culture of continuous improvement and re-engineering, designing processes and systems that will attain greater efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- General oversight of all personnel processes, direct and coordinate activities of all staff with department managers, including but not limited to, designers, laboratory technicians, general workers, drivers, etc.
- Determine staffing requirements and work schedules, interview, hire and train new employees
- On at least an annual basis complete a Performance Evaluation for each member of the department staff and review the evaluation with each individual
- In accordance with company’s equipment maintenance policies, ensure that all equipment is kept in good and safe working order. Ensure that equipment is used in a manner is used is compliance with any and all manufacturer instructions and/or recommendations, as well as any regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with President, other Department Managers and/or outside vendors enhance and expand company’s digital initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of experience in operational management
- Previous supervision of around 50 employees.
- Experience in the dental lab industry and/or experience in the Medical Device Industry required
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM engineering and design principles
- Understand and contribute to the marketing strategies and processes for sales growth.
- Ability to develop systems to improve the efficiency of the production areas of the lab.
- Understand financial principles, be able to read and understand financials as well as create budgetary proposals
- Experience with Lean Processes/FDA Compliance/OSHA Compliance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong relationship building/sales skills
- Logical, analytical, creative thinker with the ability to process information and formulate decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, moving quickly and effectively between competing goals
- Self-starter, highly organized and the discipline and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision