In this newly established position, the Manager of FP&A leads the function of providing financial information and analysis to support company-wide strategic decisions. This role includes preparing financial plans, forecasts, and value-added reporting that will help the company advance their operational efficiency goals and business growth.
- Provides the visibility and insights necessary for operations and sales to effectively manage departmental P&L’s and deliver on plan objectives.
- Leads the monthly reporting process that provides detailed variance results compared to plan, forecasts and prior year as well as implications for the remainder of the forecast term.
- Define and monitor key financial performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes.
- Drive the development of the Strategic Plan to support long term growth objectives.
- Drive the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and budgeting process.
- Lead the company’s financial modeling & analysis to identify business growth opportunities in order to achieve company objectives.
- Provide operations function with ongoing costing, budget and metric management to ensure business objectives are met.
- Provide operations with financial support in preparing capital requests.
- Provide Sales with ongoing support in assessing customer and contract profitability and support pricing decisions.
- Continuously improve planning tools and models to yield more accurate forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA a plus
- 5 + years’ relevant experience
- Experience managing and developing high performance teams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Able to solve complex problems
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidential information
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office products
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite preferred