In collaboration with and under the leadership and management of the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst is responsible for general accounting functions, financial analysis and reporting, budget development and oversight, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payables and risk management and insurance for the Company.
In this role, the Financial Analyst is also responsible for providing support for ensuring compliance with accounting principles and laws/regulations, the appropriate stewardship of and accounting for the Company's resources and the provision of outstanding customer service to internal and external customers. The Financial Analyst will contribute their knowledge in support of the organization's operational and strategic objectives and perform any tasks or projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
The Financial Analyst position requires discretion, judgment and outstanding customer service skills and is responsible for managing and processing a variety of confidential and time sensitive materials. The Financial Analyst must be accurate, flexible, detail oriented, highly ethical and have the proven ability to handle confidential information appropriately. Strong organizational, interpersonal and outstanding customer service skills are required as well as the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with senior leadership, employees across the multi-state organization and with outside vendors. Effective written and verbal communication skills are required and demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and technical skills are also a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer on the financial accounting and reporting for the Company and ensure that appropriate account reconciliations are performed, documented and reviewed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Serve as primary back-up for the Chief Financial Officer regarding the monthly closing and financial reporting processes.
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, establish and maintain financial controls to monitor and protect Interpretek resources.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual regional office budgets from information contributed by directors and senior leadership and have a proactive role in monitoring the budgets against actual expenditures and assist with corrective actions and planning as needed.
- Provide support to ensuring the Company's compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Provide support to the oversight of timely and accurate completion of reports required by various regulatory and credit agencies.
- Prepare various financial analyses to support both operational and strategic initiatives and objectives.
- Perform the role of primary Payroll Administrator with responsibilities to include the processing, analysis and execution of payroll through to the creation of the payroll entry for recognition and recording in the general ledger for each pay period.
- Provide back-up and support on insurance and risk management matters and requests as needed.
- Act as a resource to those within Finance and across the organization related to financial accounting systems, controls and budget.
- As needed, assist with training and oversight of Finance staff.
- Other projects as assigned.