AP Professionals is partnering with a custom electronics manufacturer in Rochester, NY seeking an Engineering Manager to provide direction and leadership to the engineering team. The Engineering Manager will work with interdepartmental teams and company partnerships to establish objectives and goals and promote business development. The ability to multitask in a global environment is key, and previous experience in an electrical, mechanical, and software role is critical for success in this role.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager
- Direct cross-functional engineering teams, including Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware, and Process disciplines.
- Plan, schedule, and manage program execution.
- Effectively communicate and present information to drive decision making.
- Manage budgets, global suppliers and vendors, and the execution of projects.
- Communicate program status to team members in a timely and consistent manner.
- Identify and resolve conflicts quickly and efficiently, mitigating program risk.
- Recognize and implement system improvements.
- Oversee performance management, career planning, and development for assigned direct reports.
Qualifications of the Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required; Master’s degree in engineering management preferred.
- PE, LEED AP, or CCP required.
- 5 – 10 years’ related industry experience required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Ability to review mechanical structures and electrical schematics required.
- Ability to think strategically with a focus on continuous process improvements.
- Experience with Android ARM based electrical hardware and software required.
- Experience in fast-pace, high volume consumer or industrial electronics manufacturing required.
- Experience managing and effectively communicating with a global team.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international).
- US Citizenship is required.