AP Professionals has partnered with a manufacturer of precision optical components that is looking to add an electrical technician to their team. A broad understanding of platforms such as Arduino microcontrollers, sensor breakout boards, RS-232 and other serial interfaces required. Past experience reading and interpreting datasheets and manuals to electronic equipment required. Python, Java Script or C++ knowledge a plus!
- Maintain and repair production equipment.
- Edit and debug Python code to support changes in production processes.
- Design, build, and implement new production processes and tools. Leverage open source hardware tools and associate peripheral sensors and devices.
- Work with Sales/Marketing and Operations to bring new products from concept into production.
- Design products with a view towards manufacturability and assembly.
- Write and/or modify work instructions for manufacturing processes
- Devise, document, and maintain calibration and preventive maintenance processes for manufacturing equipment and inspection, measurement and test equipment
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates/yields and quality.
- Troubleshoot product quality issues and determine root causes. Write investigation reports and rework instructions.
- Set-up and perform ad-hoc engineering tests in cooperation with Operations.
- Suggest ways to improve line efficiency and reduce cost, and assist in bringing other suggested improvements to the line.
- Meet financial and business objectives with accurate quality forecasting, executing programs within cost and schedule, resolving problems and driving functional strategic improvements.
- Associates Degree in technical field or equivalent education/experience. Classes in Physics and/or Optics a plus!
- Five (5) years’ electronics, manufacturing, and/or CAD experience
- Understanding of open source hardware such as Arduino microcontrollers, sensor breakout boards, RS-232 and other serial interfaces.
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python, Java Script, or C++.
- Understanding of Optics, Photonics, and the propagation of light through various media.
- Experience working under ISO/IEC 9001 and 17025 management systems
- Skilled with Microsoft Office and industry specific software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Basic organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented and meticulous with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Must work well in a fast paced, team environment
- Must maintain a clean, neat working environment.