AP Professionals has partnered with a process/manufacturing/automation engineering firm looking to add an Electrical Project Engineer to their growing team. The Electrical Project Engineer will be responsible for delivering large-scale capital projects. Previous experience in hygienic process industries (brewing, distilling, food, pharmaceutical, health & beauty) required.
- Provide input to site preparation, and liaison with other construction professionals.
- Maintain consistent approach to Design & Construction Management with regards to OSHA regulations.
- Conduct site surveys to gather information to allow production of drawings.
- Self-execute drawings and designs in accordance with both company and client standards.
- Attend design reviews with colleagues and client to review.
- Develop CADWorx database for all items on a project.
- Deliver assign projects with due respect to safety, cost, time and quality.
- Manage and interpret customer’s technical/commercial requirements including making technical presentations and demonstrating how a proposal will meet a client’s needs
- Manage quality, completeness, consistency and accuracy of deliverables necessary for the completion of assigned projects
- Ensure designs and projects meet all required standards including client, company and legislative standards whilst ensuring best efficiency is attained with regards to resource allocation and use together with the cost of third party supplied services and equipment
- Develop project execution documentation, including but not limited to cost schedules, project budgets, project programmes, commissioning plans, snagging lists, technical specifications, tender documents
- Liaison with suppliers and contractors in order to specify & procure plant, equipment & specialty packages
- Ensure progress, changes, costs, issues etc. are communicated to the client regularly and appropriately, and to ensure that the client is appropriately involved throughout the project
- Ensure effective coordination with any 3rd party designers and suppliers, and that their inputs are integrated into the overall plans and designs
- Ensure training needs associated with projects are identified, communicated to the Management Team and addressed to meet the project objectives
- Provide input with respect to supporting existing and any new engineering systems
- Electrical Engineering degree, preferably EIT
- Minimum of 3-year experience in Engineering preferably within the hygienic process industries (brewing/distilling/food/pharmaceutical/health & beauty).
- Excellent knowledge of engineering within batch processes within the hygienic process industries
- Process instrumentation and panel design experience required.
- MS office and specifically in Access and Microsoft Project.
- AutoCAD 2010 and newer
- Experience of E&I equipment tendering and procurement
- Practical experience in supervising installations, together with testing of electrical, control and instrumentation is essential.
- Capable of electrical and instrumentation system design, control and MCC panel design and the preparation of all associated drawings and schedules that constitute an entire electrical system design.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Result driven, confident and dynamic personality
- Self-motivated with ability to gel and proactively support existing and future teams
- Communicate problems / issues
- Strong focus on quality, completeness, consistency and accuracy engineering deliverables.