AP Professionals is working on a new Direct Hire role for a Donor Relations Assistant. This position is able to pay between $16-20/hour. Provide administrative support to a Director, maintain the company database, assist with marketing and communications and coordinate volunteers. An expert in donor database systems is encouraged to apply!
- Maintains updated volunteer, donor and prospect records. Responsible for entering all donor data from checks, correspondence, and online transactions and maintains the files per agency standards.
- Prepares and customizes detailed donor and other reports, as required.
- Maintains all confidential donor notes and manages fundraising dashboard items.
- Reconciles gifts and pledges with Finance Department and is responsible for producing accurate and timely invoices and pledge reminders.
- Processes donations and prepares gift acknowledgement letters and other correspondence per agency procedures and standards.
- Prospect research – conducts confidential donor and prospect research and prepares donor reports.
- Coordinates all annual appeals, letters and special events, using the agency’s donor database, spreadsheets, and outside vendors.
- Assists with the production of all fundraising and outreach communications.
- Maintains grants calendar and coordinates grant submissions.
- Provides general administrative support to the development department, i.e. scheduling donor visits, coordinating donation drop-offs, performing follow-up calls.
- Provides general office support and covers reception duties during lunch breaks and other staff absences.
- Responsible for fostering strong, strategic connections with existing and prospective community partners and leaders.
- Enforces consistent key messaging and brand strategies to support all engagement initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent administrative skills backed by a minimum of 2-5 years of database management and/or relevant administrative support and/or fundraising experience.
- Expert in donor database systems and their range of functions and/or other CRM database systems. Learns quickly and adapts knowledge of database management and reporting functions to maximize the capabilities of data systems and processes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with advanced capabilities in Excel and Word functions, formatting, and methods to improve efficiency.
- Excellent time and project management skills, with immaculate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept and flexible communicator with a heart for superior customer service.
- Strong sense of urgency, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Possesses excellent analytical skills and the ability to organize data into succinct reporting
- Demonstrates initiative in problem solving, information gathering,
- Embraces a culture of continuous learning and evaluation; is open to feedback.