Direct hire, southwest side of Rochester, pay commensurate to experience
A leading global medical device manufacturer is seeking a Director of Supply Chain, Engineering, and Business Systems to join their growing Rochester team. Reporting directly to the VP of Operations, this position will be responsible for providing overall leadership to ensure alignment of all Company manufacturing sites’ supply chain processes. Strong engineering experience and the ability to drive change is required for this role.
- Manage and align the supply chain for multiple national sites, including supply planning, vendor management, material planning, purchasing, sourcing, warehouse operations, and distributions operations.
- Develop a technical engineering team that upholds strict documentation standards.
- Lead the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain product functionality and cost efficiency.
- Ensure engineering and manufacturing work together as a cohesive team in the development of manufacturing equipment.
- Develop and implement a repeatable strategy and a disciplined system focused on site empowerment, total cost effectiveness, superior quality and service levels, improved coordination, and risk management.
- Streamline site and divisional supply chain processes from receipt of forecasting needs through product delivery to customers.
- Establish KPI’s, and measure and analyze efficiency to drive continuous improvements.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to ensure the supply chain meet quality and delivery requirements, such as demand on forecast, manufacturing plans, new product introductions, and supplier performance.
- Oversee proactive inventory and production planning and manage reactive issues such as price increases, contractor changes, and product launches.
- Supervise and lead assigned direct reports. Monitor and evaluate performance; establish work priorities; coordinate tasks; and manage training and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; APICS and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’ progressive supply chain management experience required.
- Experience leading large scale or multi-site supply and distribution processes required.
- Experience in a regulated environment preferred.
- Expert-level knowledge of production processes, supply chain planning, and inventory management.
- Advanced computer skills, knowledge of ERP / MRP systems required (SAP experience preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop teams and successfully work in a matrixed environment required.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate across business lines required.
- Must be a confident, strategic thinker.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- 30% domestic travel required.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.