AP Professionals has partnered with a large aerospace manufacturer in the greater Rochester, NY area seeking a Director of Quality to join their team. Ensure that quality program policies, plans, standards and requirements are met. Provide leadership for the team and coach team members. This is a direct hire opportunity, with significant bonus potential, onsite perks, and great benefits!
- Creates a strategic vision for Quality that is embraced by the organization.
- Provides leadership for the Quality team and provides approach feedback and coaching to team members.
- Effectively problem solves, communicates and builds connections throughout the organization.
- Contributes to staff level conversations adding appropriate insight and candor.
- Aligns the quality objectives to the overall organizational directives.
- Acts as a champion for quality both inside and outside the organization – viewed as a subject matter expert.
- Assure quality requirements are adequately defined at all functional levels to permit appropriate quality planning and verification of compliance.
- Coordinate TQM efforts across business units.
- Identify, develop and implement new methods of quality management and systems, and audit existing systems to meet division initiatives, ISO9000, and other customer requirements.
- Provide quality-oriented leadership in achieving facility quality objectives.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive responses and technical assistance regarding quality systems and/or products.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance activities for all purchased material, equipment, parts, and processing. Manage supplier quality audits and corrective action plans. Integrate and monitor supplier quality performance with divisional objectives.
- Utilize automated systems where available to proactively plan, implement and track quality systems and processes.
- Maintain the highest degree of customer service, throughput, quality, cost reduction and people productivity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Five to seven years applicable experience in a world-class manufacturing environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Effective facilitation and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in Total Quality concepts and ISO procedures. Knowledge and experience with statistical improvement methods, and corrective action development experience.
- Managerial experience, with demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivation to employees.
- Limited travel will be required.