AP Professionals has partnered with an Environmental Sustainability company that is looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications. The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships in news media, relevant foundations, and government. They will also be responsible for developing and executing overall marketing and communication plans for the company. 10 years' experience in a Marketing/Advertising leadership role required.
- Promote initiatives on a national level to position the company as a leader in circular economy and sustainable manufacturing in the United States.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners in news media, relevant foundations, and government.
- Develop and execute the overall marketing and communication plan for the company, including identification of resources, tools, and budget needed. Drive timely execution for deliverables, ensuring all deadlines are met with proper input and approvals secured.
- Provide continuous relevant content through digital marketing on multiple channels and grow the company social media presence.
- Conduct frequent design and content changes to the website. Establish proper search engine optimization, utilize relevant marketing software tools, and use analytics to drive decisions and measure response to changes.
- Create, write and edit publications, press releases, government reports, board of director’s correspondence, congressional updates, presentations, speeches and other communications intended for significant / national audiences.
- Provide hands on support of daily communications activities including e-newsletters, social media posts, presentations, and web updates.
- Comprehend the research and development initiatives of the company to develop content with limited guidance from the technology team
- Lead the strategic planning and production of a variety of web, social media, digital, print, video production, and other media products
- Work with the leadership team to coordinate and support outreach activities. Analyze data and share conclusions regarding who is engaged with the company through membership, workshops, webinars, website visits, newsletter registration, etc.
- Plan, execute, and promote national company events such as member meetings, workshops, webinars, and training programs.
- Identify, procure, and manage appropriate marketing and communications software / tools.
- Create and oversee brand identity, image, and positioning. Support the staff in ensuring all communications, presentations and collaterals (physical and digital) adhere to the branding and properly promote the Institute
- Bachelors’ Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Masters’ Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Marketing, Communications and/or Advertising in progressively expanding roles
- Extensive experience with digital marketing and communications processes and platforms.
- Experience in marketing and communications in a technical field / industry Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of applications, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Website design and development using responsive design principles with working knowledge of WordPress, Squarespace, HTML, CSS
- Keen sense of design and layout, including the ability to create and manipulate graphics
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Hands on experience with social media content management
- Strong writing, editing, presentation, and project management skills
- Superior use of data analytics and software solutions to drive and measure outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with marketing and communications on a national level preferred