The Director of Finance is responsible for providing financial analysis to business management across leadership, sales and operation functions to enable key business decision making. The focus is to prepare financial plans and updated forecasts for the purpose of providing insight on business performance to ensure management can deliver company goals. In addition, this position will perform value added analysis and financial strategic leadership in support of the company’s efforts to grow and drive operational efficiencies, and ensure internal planning processes allow for scale, reliability in planning cycles and accuracy in forecasts.
- Contribute to profitability by providing the visibility and insights necessary for operations and sales to effectively manage departmental P&L’s and deliver on plan objectives.
- Direct monthly reporting process and provide detailed variance results compared to plan, forecasts and prior year as well as implications for the remainder of the forecast term.
- Define and monitor key financial performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes.
- Drive the development of the Strategic Plan to support long term growth objectives.
- Drive the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and budgeting process.
- Lead the company’s financial modeling & analysis to identify business growth opportunities in order to achieve company objectives.
- Provide operations function with ongoing costing, budget and metric management to ensure business objectives are met.
- Provide operations with financial support in preparing capital requests.
- Provide Sales with ongoing support in assessing customer and contract profitability and support pricing decisions.
- Continuously improve planning tools and models to yield more accurate forecasts.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required. An MBA a plus but not required in lieu of relevant leadership experience.
- 10 years’ relevant experience is the absolute minimum experience
- Experience managing and developing high performance teams
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Able to solve complex problems
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office products
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidential information