AP Professionals has partnered with an IT company that is seeking a Director of Business Development and Strategy to join their Rochester, NY team. Maintain and manage key relationships and build a pipeline of partnerships through your network. This company offers a competitive cash compensation and attractive equity package. A highly motivated individual could progress to a senior management position within this career path.
- Establish, implement, and manage key relationships to ensure mutually beneficial execution of our partnerships.
- Build a pipeline of partnership and acquisition opportunities through contacts, networking and/or successful cold-calling.
- Develop a communication plan defining objectives, target audiences and key messaging to continue to build the companies key relationships.
- Combine knowledge of the business with advanced scenario modeling and data analysis, to guide strategic decision-making on deal structuring, sales & marketing resource allocation, operating activities, and new product initiatives.
- Occasionally support major account sales teams with tailored client development proposals.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of annual operating plan and budget.
- Work closely with product, marketing, customer experience, and sales teams to identify additional products or services to enhance the current solution set.
- A Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in finance, operations or consulting.
- A solid understanding of the technology landscape
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Expertise in understanding market dynamics to identify market trends and appropriately assess opportunities & guide strategic direction.
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects with ability to create succinct & concise high-quality deliverables.
- Track record of sourcing, negotiating and closing deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners.
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from financial, strategic, brand, and operational perspectives.
- Self-starter mentality; will take a hands-on approach that garners the respect of the team.
- Smart, dynamic, aggressive and strategic – a doer and a thinker.
- Does not need large team or staff to execute objectives.
- Ability to instill confidence in a customer – articulate, credible and customer focused.
- Keen business judgment, focus, ability to see the “big picture” and to prioritize.
- High integrity, respect and honesty – a true team player.