AP Professionals has partnered with a process/manufacturing/automation engineering firm that is looking to add Design Engineers to their growing team! These newly created positions will support the team and office by performing drawings and designs for their hygienic process engineering client base. Previous experience in hygienic piping and the processing industry required. Proficiency using CADworks and the ability to travel to sites to perform survey work needed. This is a full-time, direct hire position with great company benefits offered!
- Take an active role in developing project plant designs, producing models and drawing deliverables in line with project timelines using CAD Software systems.
- Ensure designs and projects meet all required standards including client, company and legislative standards whilst ensuring best design.
- Attend Design review meetings on projects, along with the Project Manager and project team.
- Work with 3D scanning technology and incorporate into designs.
- Site surveys for developing new and as built drawing packages.
- Ensure standards are upheld across all project designs while working with Health, Safety & Quality departments.
- Provide input to the Sales & Pre-Engineering team when required.
- Provide input for the improvement of existing engineering software packages to plan smooth construction workflows.
- Attend Design Office team meetings.
- Working closely with Project Managers on projects they work on.
- Mentor Junior Designers and Co-ops as directed.
- Design Engineering Degree or similar.
- 3 years’ experience in the hygienic piping and processing industry or related industry
- Proficient in CADworks software
- 3D and 2D modelling
- Understanding of piping and tank systems used in hygienic manufacturing facilities.
- Experience with Revit and Microstation beneficial but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to communicate problems or issues
- Some US and international travel