AP Professionals has partnered with a food packaging manufacturer looking to add a Design Engineer on to their Rochester, NY team. This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting-edge products for both new and existing customer solutions. The Design Engineer will actively design in CAD, work hands-on with the product, and have the opportunity to assist in the testing lab as well. 5 – 10 years’ experience in a design capacity within the plastics industry required.
This is a direct hire, full-time opportunity with a combination of in-person and remote work. Great company with bonus potential!
- Work cross functionally to identify consumer needs and conception of product design solutions to optimize business opportunities.
- Design and develop new products which meet expectations for manufacturability, quality, cost and feasibility.
- Research and develop design proposals, develop detailed designs and specifications for mechanical components.
- Evaluate the feasibility, cost, and production requirements of designs.
- Research and develop prototypes and/or testing that analyzed the feasibility, design, operation and performance of products and components.
- Seek innovations internally/externally to further meet the long-term business objectives.
- Specify and manage the design & acquisition of equipment. Prepare capital requests. Obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Prepare project documentation and ensure it is clear, concise, and accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience within plastics and design
- Industrial Material handling (i.e. plastic RPC, pallet, IBC) or flexible packaging design experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Responsive and self-directed
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects from conception to completion
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions