AP Professionals has partnered with a large food manufacturing company that is looking to add a Demand Planner to their corporate office. The Demand Planner will collect and utilize information from sources, analyze sales trends, and drive internal forecasts. Observe markets, ensure KPI's are met, and work with the sales team. Previous experience in a manufacturing setting with demand planning, forecasting, or supply chain desired.
For more information regarding this posting, or to submit a resume directly, please email: email@example.com
- Must be able to travel to sales offices and Canada for meetings
- Review sales history, analyze trends, and communicate with the Sales team in order to project demand. Work alongside the sales team in order to form a foundation for the companies further planning and functions.
- Lead improving the demand planning processes and procedures that are currently in place.
- Focus on service level improvement while leading the customer collaboration process.
- Communicate product status and updates in a timely manner to all those involved.
- Represent customer forecasts in the Sales & Operations Planning process.
- Collect and utilize information from sources including customer specific data, input from the sales team as well as marketplace trends.
- Adhere to process schedules and deadlines.
- Observe markets in regards to changes, chances and risks. Proactively communicate risks and issues.
- Drive internal forecast by utilizing customer’s data or replenishment, inventories, etc.
- Understand business drivers and brand strategies.
- Build and maintain customer stakeholder relationships that will drive supply chain efficiency.
- Track Key Performance Indicators on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensure that both the organization and customers KPIs are met/exceed where possible by managing forecast.
- Maintain a knowledge of upcoming promotions and seasonality.
- Work with cross-functional departments such as Sales, Operations, Purchasing, and Supply Chain.
- Set up review meetings with Sales & Marketing teams.
- Carry out required ad hoc analyses as needed
- Perform reporting – demand plan accuracy, reliability, and optimization/reduction of excess stock.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Supply Chain or other related field
- Two (2) years’ experience in demand planning/forecasting or other related field
- Proven knowledge of statistics and forecasting
- Proven methodological skills (e.g. data analysis, trend forecasting)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- High level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and Access
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (relationship management)