Reporting to the Controller, the Credit Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the credit department, including collections, risk assessment and reconciliation of customer accounts, with a main focus on positive cash flow from customers and supporting ongoing sales and growth within acceptable business risk.
- Develop and prepare monthly reporting of status of collections and outstanding balances and evaluate current collection policies
- Ensure creditworthiness of new customers, set appropriate limits on an individual customer basis, and perform appropriate credit reviews to minimize risk of delayed payment or non-collection
- Act as a business partner to sales to manage internal relationships and representing credit in sales meetings
- Review and release pending sales orders, coordinating communication with both the customer and the sales group
- Build/maintain positive ongoing relationships with all customers
- Perform quarterly bad debt analyses
- Assist the collections specialist in making calls to customers that require more attention or have longer outstanding balances
- Prepare accounts receivable for monthly close process
- Ensure compliance with all state requirements for sales tax, including timely filing of all returns.
- Oversee collections specialists
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in credit with minimum of one year supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act, the Consumer Credit Collection Act, and state and federal laws applying to collection activities