Direct hire, westside, 80 – 95K
Custom flexible packaging manufacturer seeks a controls engineer to oversee new equipment installations and modifications / repairs to existing equipment. Maintain PLC, HMI, and Drive programming software, and provide detail part drawings to be manufactured internally and/or externally. Advise on production troubleshooting and engage in process improvements. Experience with Wonderware and Allen-Bradley is an absolute must. Reporting to the Plant Engineer, step in to supervise maintenance technicians in their absence. Rotate with Engineers for 24/7 on call coverage for 1 week a month, each month.
- Provide detail part drawings for manufacturing
- Troubleshoot electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment problems
- Manage new equipment installations and startups
- Design, install, and startup equipment medications
- Negotiate price and purchase equipment and services
- Draft capital expenditure requisitions, gather information for justification, and obtain cost items
- Fill out project item listings
- Provide managerial input to the Maintenance Department and to outside contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, controls, or a related engineering field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related manufacturing setting.
- PLC and HMI programming knowledge, and experience with Wonderware and Allen-Bradley
- Digital and analog AC/DC drive design, programming, and installation experience
- Computer fundamentals, including communication protocols and Microsoft Office
- Fundamental understanding of regulations including OSHA, NFPA, NEC, EPA, and WDNR
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and statistical fundamentals