AP Professionals has partnered with an Automation company looking to add a Controls Engineer Manager to join their Rochester, NY team. Supervisor a group of controls engineers and ensure they are properly trained and meeting production expectations. Manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs. Must be able to handle customer facing questions and have high energy. This company offers competitive pay, significant bonus potential, and room for growth for individuals with “drive”.
- Serve as the engineering leader and technical expert
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Hire and mentor engineering staff members
- Supervise a group of controls engineers to include performance evaluations, timesheets and daily office management.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained to meet production expectations.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by the engineering staff.
- Primary liaison between sales and operations.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Write and submit change orders to customers or key stakeholders.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders and negotiate an outcome that meets the needs of the company and client.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation in accordance with the ISO-9001 requirements.
- Development of scopes of work, cost estimates and proposals in conjunction with the applications group.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/related field or Associate’s degree with combined experience is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering management experience in industrial automation or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of hands on automation experience including hardware design, PLC/HMI programming and systems design.
- Experience with RSLogix 5000, 500, Factory Talk View and Allen Bradley PLCs, HMIs, VFDs
- Experience with Unity, SoMachine, Vijeo Designer and Schneider PLCs, HMIs, VFDs
- Experience with various SCADA and reporting systems.
- Exposure to CAD software
- Solid technical experience with understanding and/or hands-on experience in value-add engineering.
- Prefer experience in high-mix low volume solutions sales.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organization skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to build and develop teams to execute solution projects.
- Superior negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.