Reporting to the CFO, the controller is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting functions and financial reporting for a not-for-profit organization with revenue and support in excess of $25 million annually. This is a leadership role with high-visibility across the organization. The organization lives its core values in every position. The successful candidate will demonstrate financial competency, professionalism, dedication, and an ability to be innovative.
- Provide supervision to the finance team (3 people) and coordination of all staff work functions. This includes General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll.
- Prepare and submission of cost reports.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Oversight of all cash management / treasury activities.
- Responsible for monthly close and accurate monthly financial reporting.
- Oversee payroll and required reporting- to state and federal authorities.
- Maintenance of accounting software, ensuring the preservation of financial information.
- Participates in organization's management committee.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in managing the accounting functions in a business environment.
- Prior supervision of general accounting staff preferred.
- Prior CFR knowledge preferred.
- Prior payroll experience or knowledge of payroll regulations at a minimum.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to set guidelines and goals for accounting team
- Deadline focused
- Strong accounting background to include; general ledger, adjusting journal entries, reconciliation, audits, IRS, Medicaid, and 401(k).
- Alignment with the organization's core values
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Adept with utilization of computers / technology. Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.