AP has partnered with a Growing Technology-Based Company in search of an energetic controller to join its team. This position would lead all of the tactical accounting functions for the business. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader who is driven to be solution-oriented,and who can communicate effectively with all levels within the Company and across all of the business functions. While handling day-to-day matters, the controller will also be involved in projects and executing strategic initiatives. This position has a core set of responsibilities, but there will be no typical day-to-day. This Company is growing aggressively and as such, it needs all hands on deck for the Company to be successful. This opportunity offers challenge and reward!
- Provide leadership and direction regarding GAAP / Technical Accounting Standards, including preparing memos and coordination with external auditors to ensure appropriate positions with regard to standards.
- Manage the monthly financial reporting process and provide the reporting package with analysis to the Executive Team and Board of Directors. This includes standard reports ( income statement, balance sheet, cash-flow statement) and other reporting as requested. These can be ongoing, regular reports, or one-time reports as requested.
- Assists with monitoring and developing appropriate KPI's for the business to ensure meeting critical success factors for the Company.
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures for all of the finance functions, emphasizing solid internal controls and operational efficiencies, and ensuring the protection of the Company's assets.
- Oversees the annual financial audit, acting as the liaison between audit firm and Executive Management.
- Manages cash and maintains the cash requirements forecast with accuracy.
- Directly involved in the creation of the annual budget and ongoing forecasts.
- Other duties as requested by Executive Management.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree with a business (accounting /finance) concentration at a minimum. MBA is preferred.
The candidate must possess both of the following:
- CPA with a background in public accounting.
- Minimum of five (5) years as a Corporate Controller or similar position of responsibility with supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent professional skills with regard to - detail-oriented, organizational abilities, technology (advanced Excel), communication (verbal, written, and presentation), leadership, teamwork, and project management.
- Exhibits the consistent ability to be proactive and independent.
- Ability to learn and develop an intimate understanding of the business.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and able to deal well with change and ambiguity.
- Exercises good judgment and utilizes creative problem-solving skills.