AP Professionals has partnered with a manufacturer of optical components who is seeking a Buyer to join their growing Rochester team. The Buyer will have responsibility in purchasing mechanical and optical components. Suppliers are both domestic and international. To succeed as a member of this small purchasing team, the Buyer must be friendly, outgoing, and a team player!
This position is a temp-perm opportunity with full-time hours of 8:00 – 4:30PM, Monday – Friday.
- Evaluate and identify foreign and domestic suppliers.
- Lead price negotiations for purchasing agreements and contracts.
- Review and evaluate requisitions based on quality, cost, conformance, availability, and delivery.
- Make recommendations regarding purchase of products and materials.
- Check orders going out and verify shipments coming in.
- Interface with all levels of management as well as manufacturing, engineering, quality, production, and sales teams.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree
- 2 years’ minimum purchasing experience with an understanding of manufacturing.
- Strong organization, budgeting, and negotiation skills.
- Experience with purchasing agreements and contracts.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- MRP / ERP systems experience.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.