AP Professionals has partnered with a large industrial equipment manufacturer in the Western, NY area in search of a Buyer to join their established team. The Buyer will purchase materials, equipment, supplies, and services. The Buyer will identify sources, interview vendors, and maintain files and records. Candidates should be able to rely on a minimum of 2-5 year's purchasing experience in a contract manufacturing environment experience and sound judgement to plan and accomplish goals. This position offers competitive salary and benefits including, 401K match, 100% company paid medical premium, tuition assistance, paid holidays, annual profitability bonus, and more!
- Purchase and negotiate materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors
- Evaluate quotes and services to determine suppliers
- Check orders going out and verify shipments coming in
- Write special orders or reorders of merchandise
- Review and evaluate requisitions, identify sources, and interview vendor representatives; evaluate based on quality, cost, specification conformance, availability, delivery, etc.
- Review vendor proposals and negotiate for contracts with consideration to budget.
- Maintain records regarding vendor performance, cost, product quality, inventory, etc.
- Evaluate recurring material orders and investigate production and quality problems related to purchases
- Expedite purchases as necessary
- Review vendor invoices, receiving slips, and credits
- Provide leadership, guidance, and assistance to clerical employees in regard to the preparation of purchase orders, invoice review, and filing of records
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance preferred
- 2-5 years’ previous procurement experience in a contract manufacturing environment required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills required
- MS Office Suite proficiency required
- CPM or APICS accreditation preferred
- Familiarity with MRP, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Strategic Sourcing, and ASME specifications required
- US Citizenship due to the Company's military contractor status required