The Business Reporting Analyst will be supporting the company's reporting and analysis function. This includes both routine and non-routine financial reporting as well as maintaining and improving the financial reporting processes and systems. This role is for a leading construction business headquartered in Rochester, NY.
- Assist with regular reporting requirements.
- Perform required analytics/reports as part of month-end and annual reporting.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare financial reporting to regulatory agencies, auditors, banks, surety, tax accountants, peer groups etc. and internally as requested.
- Prepare periodic surveys, pre-qualifications and proposals.
- Develop financial models and ad-hoc analyses as requested.
- Provide support to improve financial reporting systems and optimize ERP system.
- Perform maintenance/upgrades to existing reporting processes and systems.
- Assist with special projects/assignments in various business areas such as accounting standards, treasury, labor costing, project accounting, WIP management, data mining, compliance, trending etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business or equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Comprehension of accounting principles
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Collaborative / team player
- Good listening skills
- Works with integrity and maintains confidential information