AP Professionals has partnered with a product design and services firm that is looking to add on a Business Development Manager to their growing team. This newly created position will find and qualify sales opportunities for their engineering services. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for setting up meetings, writing and winning proposals, as well as estimating. Previous background in selling engineering services required, Salesforce knowledge a plus. This company offers great benefits and a “work hard, play hard” culture. The right candidate would have an entrepreneurial mindset and creative attitude.
- Prospect and develop opportunities and meet agreed upon sales goals.
- Identify potential client opportunities through research and networking.
- Reach out by phone to current and prospective clients to engage and excite them about range of services offered.
- Schedule potential client appointments with senior management.
- Maintain customer information in sales database.
- Maintain communication with accounts.
- Collaborate with management on appropriate sales targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ work experience ideally in consultancy sales.
- Customer facing experience and skills
- Salesforce (or equivalent) experience a plus
- Systems and/or engineering experience a plus.
- Government sales experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Comfortable making presentations and speaking to an audience
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated individual, able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Fast learner who is curious and pursues learning to achieve a deep understanding of the technical aspects of our services.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.