AP Professionals is recruiting for a great temp-hire Billing Manager for a medical office ASAP. Join this team and be responsible for overseeing all billing, collections, charge entry, and coding functions of medical billing staff. Experience in all facets of revenue cycle is essential! This position will pay between $25 - 28/hour (plus benefits once hired), depending on experience and certification.
- Oversees all billing and charge entry functions.
- Reviews and analyzes insurance remittances for appropriate reimbursement.
- Handles all problems with computerized billing system, including hardware and software, referring issues to the Practice Manager when necessary.
- Generates month-end and year-end reports, as well as specifically requested special reports from CFO and Managing Partner.
- Oversees the daily functioning of the Billing Office staff, including organization and distribution of work assignments.
- Together with the CFO, provides administrative supervision for the Billing Office staff, including disciplinary action, when appropriate, and completion and delivery of annual performance evaluations.
- Assists the CFO in the hiring process for new Billing Office personnel.
- In capacity of a Certified Professional Coder, performs chart audits and provides coding assistance and training to providers and staff.
- Performs Medical Biller duties, as needed, for backup purposes.(Post payments and work denials for remittances, respond to inquiries, enter charges)
- Reviews and updates all departmental policies and procedures annually.
- Ensures that job functions of employees, and manager position within respective job functions, are appropriately crossed trained and billing tasks are on rotation as per CFO.
- Reviews and communicates insurance carrier bulletin notifications.
- Informs physicians, management, and other staff members of changes related to the insurance carriers.
- Helps to ensure that all billing-related policies, procedures, and activities within the Practice comply with the rules and regulations of third parties, and assists providers and other staff members with compliance with third parties where applicable.
- Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of all patient Protected Health Information (PHI) and Practice information, following “minimum necessary standards” according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Helps to foster a team approach with co-workers in the Billing Department and throughout the Practice to benefit the entire organization and best serve the patients' needs.
- Associates degree or equivalent medical office experience
- Experience in all components of revenue cycle including being in expert in computerized medical billing software, working knowledge of medical insurance reimbursement as well as CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Previous management preferred
- Certified Professional Coder or equivalent certificate/license/registrations upon hire or within one year of hire date