AP Professionals has partnered with a manufacturer looking to add a Production Team Lead to their Rochester, NY team. Join this growing organization and support EHS, Quality, and Production targets. Act in a hands-on capacity and facilitate safety, process improvement, and change management. 3 years of previous manufacturing along with 1 – 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Responsible for managing shift employees.
- Acts as a Role Model Leader, with a positive mindset and a passion to achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Trains, coaches and evaluates employees to develop each to their greatest potential through ongoing, timely feedback and the Performance Management & Development (PMD) process.
- Apply performance goals and lead team towards achieving those goals using employee participation.
- The Team Leader is expected to develop the capabilities of their employees.
- Coach and mentor staff to elevate overall performance and achieve departmental goals and objectives. Appropriately manage / escalate employee conflict.
- Develops talent within the organization including regularly meeting with employees and assisting in the creation of individual development plans with the guidance of the Supervisor.
- The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring quality checks are done consistently and in accordance with the appropriate work instructions.
- Lead team to meet or exceed goals including safety, availability, cost, productivity and inventory.
- Manage process improvements within scope of responsibility, utilizing PPI, 5S, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies Lead and promote process improvement initiatives to drive strong performance in safety, product quality, and finance and process efficiency.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to, including managing and required improvement plans for employees
- Participate in investigations into process failures, product failures, and safety incidents. Performs other duties as needed.
- Associates degree in a technical or business field is preferred. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Requires 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Requires 1-3 years of previous supervisory or leadership experience.
- Knowledge of quality processes required, as well as knowledge of cGMP, ISO 13485 and safety (OSHA) regulations.
- Certification as an auditor in a regulated industry is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Possess strong role model leadership skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
- Ability to lead and manage root cause analysis activities, including assigning actions and mitigation plans.
- Ability to handle complex process, business, and personnel issues independently.
- Ability to direct personnel to accomplish daily work as well as periodic special projects
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.