As party of a growing company, this new position of Assistant Controller will report to the Controller and be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of financial information and financial analysis. This position will work closely with and across all departments of the company.
- Maintain the general ledger and prepare journal entries as appropriate.
- Oversee the accounting staff to ensure financial activity is recorded accurately and timely. The Assistant Controller will be leading the daily accounting tasks for the team.
- Ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements.
- Provide FP&A support to other departments
- Ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in new policy and procedure implementation.
- Assist in annual budget and quarterly forecast activities.
- Ensure timely sales tax reporting and maintain sales tax records as applicable.
- Oversee daily cash balance reporting and assist with cash forecasting.
- Support Controller and CFO as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and CPA designation are required.
- 7+ years accounting experience, including experience in the manufacturing industry
- Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of current accounting pronouncements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Results oriented individual with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus
- Attention to details
- Pro-active approach to responsibilities
- Able to interface effectively with all personnel.