AP Professionals has partnered with a large industrial equipment supplier in western New York in search of a Buyer to join their Supply Chain team. The Buyer will purchase materials, equipment, supplies, and services. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, they will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform these job functions,and to learn about commodities, prices, suppliers, and markets. Previous purchasing experience in a contract manufacturing environment is required for success in this role!
- Purchase and negotiate standard materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors
- Evaluate quotes and services to determine suppliers
- Check orders going out and verify shipments coming in
- Write special orders or reorders of merchandise
- Review and evaluate requisitions, identify sources, and interview vendor representatives; evaluate based on quality, cost, specification conformance, availability, delivery, etc.
- Review vendor proposals and negotiate for contracts with consideration to budget.
- Maintain records regarding vendor performance, cost, product quality, inventory, etc.
- Review vendor invoices, receiving slips, and credits
- Assist in preparation of purchase orders, invoice review, and filing of records
- Expedite purchases as necessary
- Associate's degree or higher in business or accounting preferred
- 0-3 years’ related purchasing experience in a contract manufacturing environment required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills required
- Familiarity with MRP, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Strategic Sourcing, and ASME specifications preferred
Due to the Company’s military contract status, US Citizenship is required. Permanent green card holders, dual citizens, and Visa statuses are not eligible