In this temp-perm role, the Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for processing vendor invoices, coordinating and verifying invoice approvals and responding to vendor inquiries concerning invoice payment status. Help maintain and organize invoices and communicate professionally with vendors and department members. Associate's degree and 5 years of AP experience preferred!
- Audit supplier invoices for accuracy, completeness and conformance to company specifications prior to processing for payment.
- Maintains and organizes invoices, packing slips and purchase orders on a daily basis.
- Processes invoices/credit memos/EDIs/AOIs by matching supporting paperwork/approvals in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responds to calls and inquiries from internal and external customers regarding outstanding balances, accounts or issues and works to resolve issues or disparities as they arise.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure payments are up to date.
- Communicates professionally with vendors and department members.
- Meets deadline for month-end closing schedule and ensures correct post date for all payable transactions.
- Gather relevant vendor documentation to support vendor maintenance to ensure accurate W-9’s and 1099 reporting.
- Coordinates with purchasing department problem vendors and purchase order issues.
- Keeps Senior/Lead AP Associates updated on the invoice/PO problem issues.
- Support preparation of invoices, scanning and verification.
- Scope of vendor assignments to include high volume and less complex vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- 5 years of Accounts Payable (AP) experience working in a Finance department preferred.
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency required.