The Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk coordinates activities with Accounts Payable Manager relative to all accounting and clerical aspects of Accounts Payable. The Accounts Payable Clerk will compile and maintain accounts payable records while preparing transactions for payment. This is a temp to hire or direct hire position located in Batavia, NY, paying $16 per hour.
- Checks and readies all vouchers for payment.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Vendor setup – W-9, Forms, etc.
- Open mail, prepare review and file A/P related source documents.
- Review vendor statements and process, as needed.
- Review travel and expense reports.
- Sales Tax review of invoices.
- Visa Credit Card Reconciliation.
- Assist with American Express Purchase Card Programs.
- NYS Sales & Use Tax Quarterly Returns preparation.
- NYS QEZE Refund preparation.
- Enter invoices into the A/P and Purchasing modules (Ross ERP).
- Alphabetize and file receiving paperwork.
- Alphabetize due date and vendor code invoices.
- Enter outbound freight invoices into the Freight database and transfer invoices by batch to the Ross ERP A/P module.
- Match invoices with receivers and prepare for payment.
- Assign or confirm proper General Ledger Account Number, Cost Center, etc.
- Process check run.
- File and be paid and paid invoices.
- Assist with vendor and staff inquiries and research.
- Records Management – setup files for new year and archive maintenance.
- Backup selected functions to the Accounts Payable Manager and AP Lead.
- Assists in monthly closings and accumulation of accrual entry data, reconcile Ross ERP Purchase Accrual to General Ledger.
- All other duties assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting plus a minimum of 1-3 years direct Accounts Payable experience or the equivalent combination education/experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to file paper documents following company specific guidelines.