The Accounts Payable / Accounting Specialist is a DIRECT HIRE position located in Warsaw, NY. The Pay is $20-22 per hour and is flexible for the right experience. Proficient Microsoft Excel skills are a must.
- Perform accounting duties that involve recording business transactions on behalf of the Company, which may involve one or more of the following specialized functions Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Expense Reimbursements, Corporate Credit Cards, Lease Accounting, Bank Vehicle Records, Prepaid Accounting, Monthly Financial Closing, and Sales and Use Taxes.
- Maintain the data and integrity of the systems and applications overseen by the Accounting Department, ie, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Expense Reimbursements, Accounts Payable, and Access Online for Corporate Credit Cards.
- Prepare and review account transactions in compliance with the accounting policies of the Company.
- Review, verify, and process payables and expense reimbursements in compliance with the accounting policies of the Company.
- Maintain accounting records in an organized manner to facilitate reviews and audits of the Company’s financial records.
- Plan and prioritize assigned duties to meet timeframes established for month-end closing of the Company’s books and records.
- Process vendor issued credits and adjustments to appropriate accounts. Interact with vendors in responding to inquiries and requesting information needed.
- Maintain the system of internal controls established via the accounting policies of the Company.
- Collaborate with other departments as needed in resolving issues and or reconciling items not in conformance with the policies of the Company.
- Prepare and maintains large amounts of data using appropriate technology, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of calculations and outputs utilized for reporting and other purposes.
- Identify and recommend changes to promote efficiencies in the completion of assigned functions. Apply new accounting standards, laws, regulations or requirements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field required; or an associate's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field and 6+ years' accounting or accounts payable experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and at least 1 year of banking experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must possess a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines required
- Analytical ability to interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form while providing recommendations required
- Ability to take initiative in problem solving and uses sound judgment to produce practical decisions and solutions required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts/standards (GAAP) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) with the ability to learn and utilize new existing banking and accounting software applications required