AP Professionals is working with a Rochester based company that is looking for an Accounting Specialist on a temporary-hire basis. Support all transaction processing as well as the special accounting needs of various practice areas of the firm. Coordinate input and generation of the firm's billing activity. Generate month-end financial reports and participate in business process improvement initiatives. Associates Degree in Accounting and 2+ years' experience required.
- Support of the firm’s business transactions including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Application
- Coordination of input and generation of the firm’s billing activity.
- Financial support to the various practice areas of the firm.
- Generation of month-end financial reports.
- Participation in business process improvement initiatives.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in performing accounting transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable/cash application and billing processes.
- Substantial experience with business/accounting systems.
- Aptitude for detailed work, data analysis, problem solving and follow-up.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills collaborating effectively with all levels within the firm.
- Strong Excel / Microsoft Office Skills.