The Accounting Representative will collect and monitor restaurant sales, inventory, cash and other tender to ensure data transmitted from restaurants is complete, accurate, and accounted for appropriately. There are multiple openings on a temp to hire and temporary basis all located in Syracuse, NY. This position is for a 37.5 hour workweek, and the pay is $17 per hour. Training is in person and then the position will move to remote until COVID-19 subsides.
- Perform analysis of weekly inventory reports and call/e-mail Restaurant managers or district managers if fluctuations/issues are occurring, in conjunction with monitoring on a daily basis the accuracy of postings of inventory counts, all inventory receipts/transfers, and postings of raw/menu waste.
- Reconcile unmatched primary vendor invoices daily to the restaurant’s input into the restaurant’s back office inventory system.
- Create journal entries for transactions that the restaurant cannot process through the restaurant’s point-of-sale systems (POS) including transactions that have occurred after the month end cut off.
- Make adjustments at month end to inventory for posting errors or receiving issues via journal entries.
- Analyze and make corrections to weekly and monthly operational/inventory reports based on the results of trend analysis and subsequent discussions with operations.
- Obtain, when not transmitted daily via POS, manual information updates from restaurant managers on sales, receiving, inter unit transfers and inventory via telephone and then enter into PeopleSoft tables.
- Accrue primary vendor pending adjustments at month end.
- Make proper journal entries to miscellaneous cash deposits.
- Correct and process inter-unit transfers and make any necessary corrections.
- Verify information for vendor deliveries.
- Associates degree in accounting required.
- Experience in an accounting department required.
- Familiarity with restaurant operations desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must have the ability to express ideas persuasively and clearly.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be well organized and able to meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to present material in a manner to gain agreement or acceptance.