This temp-hire Accounts Payable lead role is looking for someone who will be responsible for coordination of the operations in the AP department. Oversee the performance of internal control activities and the resolution of exceptions. This role is looking to pay between $15.50-17.50/hour and would prefer candidate to have 5-10 years of AP experience. Strong ability in Excel a must!
- Maintains and organizes invoices, packing slips and purchase orders on a daily basis.
- Audit supplier invoices for accuracy, completeness and conformance to company specifications prior to processing for payment.
- Responds to calls and inquiries from internal and external customers regarding outstanding balances, accounts or issues and works to resolve issues or disparities as they arise.
- Communicates professionally with vendors and department members.
- Prevent and manage the rise of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Meets deadline for month-end closing schedule and ensures correct post date for all payable transactions.
- Gather relevant vendor documentation to support vendor maintenance to ensure accurate W-9’s and 1099 reporting.
- Build and maintain key relationships with supplier Accounts Receivable departments, buying team and operational leaders.
- Support preparation of invoices and scanning.
- Processes invoices/credit memos/EDIs/AOIs by matching supporting paperwork/approvals in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinates with purchasing department problem vendors and purchase order issues to build a cross functional relationship.
- Scope of vendor assignments to include high volume and more complex vendors.
- AP Systems Testing – Upgrades and new functionality.
- Works with AP Supervisors to manage department goals and progress and update on vendor/invoice/PO problem issues.
- Proactively identify opportunities for cost savings, efficiencies and other operational improvements.
- Provide training to other staff members.
- Assists with staff during absences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred 5-10 years of Accounts Payable (AP) experience working in a Finance department.
- Strong computer skills in Windows and EXCEL.
- Ability to work in a high paced technologically based environment.