AP Professionals is recruiting for an Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable Specialist for a client located in Henrietta. This position is direct hire and will pay up to $50K.
- Verify purchase order invoices are correct and perform proper 3-way match to purchase order and receipts .
- Post both inventory and expense invoices daily.
- Vendor Master maintenance and 1099 misc income reporting
- Determine taxability status of expense items purchased and ensure proper G/L coding and support for tax filings.
- Generate, print and mail daily customer invoices, monthly statements and dunning letters.
- Submit Sales Invoices to 3rd party portals for payment
- New customer on-boarding including establishment of terms and credit limits and maintaining tax exempt certificates where applicable
- Customer credit card payment processing
- Process manual customer invoices and credit memos
- Pull invoice and backup requests for various departments when requested for budget variances, YTD spend inquiries and audit requests
- Follow establish policies related to SOX controls and delegation of authority limits
- Monitor shared email inbox and provide timely response to customer or vendor requests, forwarding to others as needed
- Collaborates with customer service and sales teams to maintain customer relations and facilitate customer payment; review and respond daily to requests for credit approval and release of credit holds.
- Continually assess processes to improve cash flow, improving the collection process, reduce aged A/R, and decrease bad debt reserves and expense.
- Complete monthly financial / accounting tasks associated with monthly financial close of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, providing support for calculations and account reconciliations
- Maintain filing of required documents according to document retention guidelines
- 2-3 years relevant AR and AP experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), with intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with Sage or SAP a plus