$50-$55k to start with lots of room for growth
The Banking & Reconciliation Specialist oversees the payroll checking accounts, and handles all issues related to the funding of employee paychecks and direct deposits. Duties include reconciliation of high-volume accounts, identifying and resolving problems with checks and ACH transactions, and acting as liaison with the bank and money movement provider. This individual will work within our administration team and report to the Comptroller to help implement streamlined processes and practices for this expanded business function and new role.
- Complete daily reconciliation of payroll checking account. Respond to problems with checks or ACH transactions, communicating with clients, Client Services Representatives and bank contacts as needed.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation to be reviewed by the Comptroller.
- Report unclaimed funds to clients or state agencies as appropriate.
- Act as primary contact with the bank to handle any problems with checks or ACH transactions.
- Act as primary contact to money movement provider to respond to NSF transactions, direct deposit returns, account rejections, or other issues. Coordinate funding/debiting of direct deposits as required, including initiating wire transactions.
- Assist with client billing issues that are not able to be resolved directly by a Client Services Representative.
- Follow procedures for maintaining security of sensitive and confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or CPP certified candidates preferred.
- Experience in account reconciliation, preferably in payroll systems. 1 year preferred.
- Demonstrated history of strong problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct, while also effectively working within a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to resolve problems.
Full benefits and competitive compensation offered.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday-Friday