Oversees Help Desk staff and ensures that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing the procedures related to prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Help Desk functions. The Manager is also responsible for ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual oversees current procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions are met. Responsible for staffing capacity planning and developing proactive resolution plans. This is very much a hands-on, technical position that will require providing technical support to end users.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the processing of incoming requests to the Service Desk to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure Help Desk coverage during normal business hours and after hour support.
- Provide technical support to end users.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for end users.
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
- Oversee Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff.
- Develop strategies for improvement on help desk.
- Manage process for communicating outage activities to the firm.
- Ensure appropriate training initiatives for staff.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff
- Manage the overall desk activities and IT staff all offices.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced technical environment.
- Solves problems and makes decisions relative to Help Desk responsibilities.
- Ensures that effective Help Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments.
- Manages the Help Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems.