Responsible for scheduling equipment, purchasing key raw materials and ensuring material control and accuracy
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchasing of all production raw materials (Paper, Ink, Packaging and subcontract materials).
- Schedule all production equipment.
- Automating the process above so that the schedule can be updated based on shipment dates with a back-flushing concept.
- Automate the reporting of the prior days production for comparison to schedule requirements for continuous tracking and execution.
- Coordinate material control using the EFI system, including cycle counts at the end of jobs and additional cycle counts on a weekly basis for Paper.
- Reporting and reconciling month end inventory for raw materials at the facility and at subcontract locations.
- Calculation and valuation of month-end Work in Process.
- Coordinate and lead the year end physical inventory up to and including working with the external auditors.
- Contact with all major suppliers including quoting prices, generating purchase orders, negotiating credits and claims for bad product received and timing of deliveries.
- Purchasing press and safety supplies. (coordinating this task back to the supervisors)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/ or EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as an estimator or in a similar position
- Outstanding oral and written communication and negotiation abilities, as a project estimator is required to liaise with colleagues, subcontractors, and clients, and also negotiate with vendors in order to come up with a cost-effective decision
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills, which enable a project estimator to manage projects efficiently and also maintain calmness and composure when under pressure
- Sound mathematical skills with high analytical and computer literacy ability, which is required to identify and tackle issues tactically with the use of relevant computer tool or software
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Science, or in any other related discipline.
While the job is salary, the employee will be expected to spend time in the production area, count inventory and be flexible enough to meet with all three shifts around the clock.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and ambient heat from shrink wrap tunnels. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be required. Steel toe shoes are recommended.