The main emphasis of this role will be handling the payroll.
- Review, prepare and process payroll through a payroll service. This includes:
- entering new hire information and processing terminations,
- processing any garnishments,
- making adjustments in pay for changed pay rates, bonuses, commissions and other required changes,
- ensure payroll accuracy by working with managers to enter time off requests, missed punches and any other corrections needed.
- Ensure compliance with relevant wage and hour laws.
- Understand and administer rules for hours worked, overtime, paid time off, deductions and pay adjustments.
- Produce weekly payroll reports.
- Work through payroll issues with relevant employees and managers
• Three years of relevant payroll processing experience.
• Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills; experience solving complex payroll tasks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Experience in other facets of accounting – A/P, A/R or GL work.