Permanent, Full Time Employment with Benefits
POSITION: Maintenance Technician - 1ST Shift
Reporting to the Manufacturing Director, the Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production equipment along with routine maintenance of the plant facilities and grounds according to company's safety standards.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on production equipment and systems.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve efficiency, capability and yield.
- Install, assemble and test new machines and equipment, understand and comply with workplace safety regulations
- Highly skilled role in which you will troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain, and repair malfunctioning equipment used in manufacturing processes.
- Inspect manufacturing equipment routinely for signs of malfunction, including visual inspections, listening for irregular noises, electrical and mechanical outages, as appropriate.
- Help to train employees on proper equipment usage as needed.
- Inspect facility for needed repairs and repair malfunctioning equipment and broken structures.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, compressed air, steam and electrical systems.
- Able to work independently or with other team members in an effective manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks and prepare reports to document preventative maintenance.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain facility infrastructure and grounds including facility electrical, plumbing and heating repairs and major snow removal functions.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by Manufacturing Director.
- Two-year technical degree or 2 years related work experience.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical systems including industrial electrical systems and controls, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, carpentry, general maintenance, mixing equipment and filling line equipment.
- Experience in batch processing industry preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Teamwork and a sense of humor is highly valued.
- Desire to learn and ability to follow detailed instructions as necessary.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
- Physical ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Hourly wage plus full, competitive, company benefits.
- Day shift, flexible start time between 5am and 8am