AP Professionals of WNY
Direct hire, salary $45-55K
- Answer support calls via phone and email
- Provide remote support to users via remote control and phone
- Work with vendors to resolve issues
- Travel onsite to customer sites to diagnose and troubleshoot
- High-school Diploma or GED
- 3+ Years of IT Desktop Support or IT Help-desk background.
- Reliable transportation
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to stay on task and manage own time and task list
- A clean and professional work attire for onsite visits.
- Groomed hair (and/or facial hair, a beard is fine so long as it is kept tidy).
- Button down or Polo shirts (Short or long sleeve is acceptable but no graphics).
- Khaki's, Slacks, or other clean kept pants - no blue denim.
- Casual footwear (No sandals, simple tennis shoes/sneakers are fine such as Vans, but nothing like athletic footwear).
- Note, these items can be stored in the office and changed into for an onsite visit if you so wish. Internal office dress is very casual.
Technical Knowledge Needed
- Understand basic to intermediate network troubleshooting
- Understanding of networking
- DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Static Routing, etc
- Basic understanding of UTMs and NGFW appliances
- Basic understanding of network switching
- Ability to build and image workstation PCs
- Ability to learn new software and interface with vendors for support
- Ability to document time and the process used to resolve
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android operating systems
- Ability to work with Windows Server 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- DHCP/DNS Servers
- File servers
- Print Servers
- Understanding of backup software
Nice to Haves
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2
- Knowledge of Cisco, NetGear (Enterprise), Fortinet, and/or Ruckus equipment
- Advanced network knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to perform basic billing and ordering tasks
- Ability to terminate Cat5/6 cable