Nursing home looking for a Generalist at a managerial level. Paying up to 80K.
The primary role of this position is to collaborate with management and senior leadership in the planning, development, documentation, and integration of new
programs, processes, and procedures in line with the Company’s people strategy.
This position will promote and implement human resource planning and management thereby establishing a consistent and compliant approach to human resources. This position maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by effectively managing the various HR disciplines including: employee relations, benefits, compensation, compliance, performance management, talent acquisition (recruiting),
and employee development. This position is also responsible to ensure company compliance is met by tracking and obtaining all new hire requirements upon hire and ensuring member contact role requirements are obtained annually for the organization. This includes timely notification of requirements to staff and
management as appropriate and oversight of the credentialing database and entry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related degree, Master's desirable
- PHR certification strongly preferred
- Minimum five (5) years working in an HR management capacity, preferably in a health care organization.
- Human Resources technical knowledge regarding the various disciplines to include hiring, developing standards, employee relations and risk mitigation, teamwork, culture, leadership coaching, performance management, and recruitment.
- Proficiency in creating and driving process improvement and building relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Functional knowledge of HIPAA, FLSA, FMLA.
- Proactive approach to HR related matters.
- Proactively partner with management to coach, advise, and troubleshoot employee issues, questions, and advise on key areas.
- Ensure policies and practices are legal and consistent; recommends new policies as needed to respond to new regulations and industry developments.
- Ensure timekeeping practices are compliant and documented.
- Assist with compensation analysis and award recommendations.
- Investigate employee complaints and follow required protocols for documentation and follow up.
- Oversee all communication pertaining to employees and publishes required notices.
- Oversee and manage all leaves of absence.
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews and recommending changes.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hear and resolve employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; direct the processing of benefit claims; obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids; award benefit contracts; design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conduct investigations; maintain records and representing the organization at hearings