Our client is seeking an HR Coordinator who will provide support to the human resource department. The position is responsible for but not limited to coordinating and providing administrative support to one or more human resources functions, including recruiting, onboarding, training, benefits, maintaining employee records; gathering information and processing new hires, terminations, and manage various employee documents from faculty, other department personnel.
- PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Manage the employee onboarding/Offboarding process including, but not limited to, offer letters, background checks, documentation, and data entry of new hires into payroll system.
- Maintain and update job postings online and other various websites
- On-Board all new hires and create personnel files for new hires
- Oversee background check progress and communicate status with hiring managers and the IT Department to manage employee start dates.
- Draft offer letters distribute new hire paperwork electronically and ensure the collection of paperwork when a new hire begins.
- Manage the I9 process for all new hires and former employees, including immigration paperwork for employees on VISA and do TN letters when needed.
- Respond to general HR inquiries and respond to questions on HR Policies within the HR email distributions.
- Maintain all documents (e.g. disciplinary actions, evaluations, status change, forms, etc.) in file system
- Manage the termination process for all personnel files
- Manage HR Support Mailbox
- Update excel spreadsheets and name change/Address changes (Colleague)
- Manage Workers Compensation, ADA Accommodations, and Life Insurance
- Assist with assigning and monitoring employee training programs.
- Oversee the Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Support the performance management process.
- Responsible for communicating company information (i.e. SharePoint, bulletin boards, etc.)
- Provide quality and friendly HR customer service to employees
- Process benefit vendor invoices timely.
- Distribute and sort incoming mail to HR department
- Responsible for coordinating the ordering of office supplies
- Payroll Backup
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department and assist with various research projects and/or special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; has a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, with excellent follow through on issues.
- High energy, engaging and collaborative; works very well in supporting others
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.; Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field
- 1-3 years of experience human resources
- PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 25 lbs from floor level.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver normal size full file box for archival purposes.
- Must be able to occasional bend, twist, and stoop.
- Frequent typing of computer keyboard.