The Solution Architect will be responsible for providing technical solutions to a variety of business problems. The Solution Architect will be accountable for analyzing and designing solutions to meet business requirements and guiding the implementation team to successful solution implementation.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to application developers and other IT resources to solve problems, provide guidance and direction.
- Coach and mentor other Application Developers to facilitate their development.
- Provide technical direction by developing/recommending alternatives and creative solutions that are both effective and efficient in cost and process.
- Gain approval and organizational commitment for systems, infrastructure and software plans from appropriate IT and business unit leaders.
- Make technology choices based on business requirements and information systems strategy, principles and structure.
- Evaluate work load and capacity of systems and provide insight during estimating processes.
- Follow established quality standards, checkpoints, and communications processes to ensure project quality.
- Create reusability into systems for other IT resources to utilize in their development efforts.
- Develop written specifications and documentation according to the engineering lifecycle that aid in development, use and support.
- Manage testing of all system functions.
- Ensure stability, integrity, availability, productivity and efficient operation of assigned systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent in experience and education required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in systems support role with demonstrated results in analytics, configuring, coding, testing, problem solving and support, or demonstrated equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with methodology based development (SDLC). Waterfall and agile experience preferred.
- Ability to articulate designs to other technical staff through discussion, diagrams, and writing.
- Understanding of application design principles and application architecture.
- Ability to navigate and work on multiple operating systems such as Linux and Windows.
- Experience with various development paradigms such as procedural languages, object oriented languages, and ETL tools.
- Strong database design and SQL experience.
- Experience implementing 3rd party (vendor) systems and designing integration points to core administration systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team or to be self-directed as required.
- Good organizational skills; ability to manage small to medium-sized projects and lead teams of developers.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with automated unit and/or functional testing methods preferred.
- Experience writing and facilitating Requests for Information/Proposals.
- Experience estimating development work for projects requiring ETL.
- Experience and knowledge of health care payer business is preferred.