Drafting Position Qualifications and Education Requirements:
(A.A.S) Computer Aided Drafting / Design Technology, Industry-related degree, or equivalent experience.
Draftsman Position Overview
The CAD Drafter / Designer’s role includes:
- Product Details for Submittal Documentation
- The creation of Sales Drawings, Fabrication Drawings, Proposal Drawings
- 3d Modeling / Rendering for marketing purposes
- Assisting in the design of new products / helping create Die drawings
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Autodesk AutoCad 2D
- Autodesk Inventor 3D
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Revu BlueBeam
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
BONUS SOFTWARE SKILLS:
- Autodesk Vault
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk Inventor Nesting
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Spatial understanding of building plans in three dimensions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical documents.
- Plan reading expertise and specification review experience.