Direct Hire Controller
This is a hands on role reporting directly to and working alongside the ownership team. The Controller will perform a wide variety of tasks involving accounting duties, financial reporting and management, overseeing the Accounts/Payable and Payroll and driving continuous improvement in all financial impacting processes.
- Primary responsibility for maintenance of the general ledger accounts in QuickBooks; multiple corporations.
- Responsible for timely month-end close process.
- Reconcile inventory and make appropriate entries.
- Lead the annual budget process.
- Manages the Accounts Payable function, including the A/P Clerk.
- Oversee the Payroll Manager and assists with payroll as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely payments to all vendors.
- Administer and maintain all bank accounts.
- Prepare cash projections and financial analysis for senior management.
- Monitor and analyze financial results against budget.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls associated with cash management processes.
- Work with the outside accounting firm to assist in tax return preparation and year end audit
- Reconcile bank statements to checking and cash accounts monthly inventory.
- Monthly sales reporting –comprehensive report and adjustments
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is the minimum educational requirement.
- CPA / MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in accounting or general ledger role(s) with Controller experience preferred
- Experience with inventory preferred